Replacing the old furnace in your central heating system with a new more efficient model can offset volatile energy prices. Also, today’s furnaces pollute less and boost comfort by producing heat more steadily than older furnaces. Gas is the most common heating fuel and here we will focus on gas furnaces.
Over the next several posts, we will cover the most important parts in the process of selecting your gas furnace….
- Size matters – The furnace’s specifications should meet your needs.
- Efficiency also matters – The efficiency of gas furnaces is reflected in its AFUE
- Repair or replace – Depends on what’s wrong and the age of your system
- Most and least reliable – Usually when do systems fail? When they are most needed
- Features – Each brand of furnace offers a similar array of key features
- How to choose your contractor? Key qualifications to look for.